Property occupation has been firmly in the spotlight since the pandemic with leaders grappling with questions around:
- How much space do we actually need?
- How can we get the right balance of working from home versus being in the office?
- How can we keep our staff happy and engaged?
To answer these questions and more, our panel of industry experts provided some highly informative presentations in our latest webinar, “How to optimise your office for improved productivity and cost efficiency”.
David Earle, Head of London Office Advisory at Lambert Smith Hampton, provides a comprehensive update on the London office market, covering:
- Central London office availability and take-up rates
- The changes in headline rates of Grade A and Grade B office space since the pandemic
- Key trends and the workplace strategies being implemented by varying sectors
We were also joined by Kyle de Bruin, Development Director at Leesman. Leesman are world leaders in measuring, analysing and researching employee workplace experience, helping organisations create the best places to work.
With over 1.2m office-based surveys collected, Kyle’s presentation uses vast data to discuss:
- Office-based vs home-based employee experience
- The key areas of improvement to turn an average office into an outstanding one
- The critical features and services for employee satisfaction
Finally, Denise Raisey is the Regional Director of Corporate Real Estate at AtkinsRéalis. Denise is a qualified building surveyor and has been looking after AtkinsRéalis’s corporate real estate for the last 17 years. Denise’s presentation peels back the curtain on how the company has managed its property portfolio, providing a real life case study discussing:
- The changes in the accommodation costs and sq ft over the last 15 years as employee headcount increases to 12,000
- How office space and employee experience has significantly increased whilst reducing cost
- Office occupancy changes from 2020 to 2023
Chris Waight, Consultant Director at Constructive Space, chairs the webinar. Chris is a chartered surveyor with almost 20 years experience working with major corporates to SME’s to deliver workplace solutions.